From 1st March to 31st March we will be heading to the pool to help save lives. Sadly, 1 in 4 young people is living with a mental health challenge in Australia, and suicide is still the leading cause of death for young people – more than cancer or car accidents. I have created a team ‘Healthy Mindz‘ and we will be raising money by taking part in Laps for Life, March 2021. Every lap we swim will help ReachOut support young people through anything from everyday issues to tough times. https://www.lapsforlife.com.au/fundraisers/HealthyMindz
OUR CHILDRENS MENTAL HEALTH
Through my work as a therapist I see everyday how mental health begins to take a grip in our young children with high levels of anxiety. I know the importance of saving lives also from being a Crisis Counsellor for Lifeline WA and the importance of support for anyone going through a tough time.
My team and I are taking to the pool for the 1st March-31st March to swim as many lengths as we can to raise money for this important cause. Please help us help others by donating on the link below. This will motivate us to swim harder and faster, to help save the lives of our struggling youth.
WHY CHOOSE SWIMMING?? Swimming laps is a great way to get your body moving and your heart pumping. It’s low-impact, uses your whole body, and is a lot more relaxing than sweating away in a spin class for an hour. The benefits include:
- Boosts your mood – Because you use every major muscle group in your body, you release healthy endorphins and get a hit of serotonin.
- It promotes mindfulness and relaxation – You are so focused on your breath you can’t help but be present.
- You will sleep better – As with any physical activity your sleep improves.
- Improved strength and stamina – As you swim you tone the muscles in your body to become stronger and fitter.
- Set some goals, get out of the house and get some Vitamin D – When we set goals it motivates us to get up and get moving.
HELPING ALL YOUNG PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA BE HAPPY AND WELL